Benny Hinn Conference Notes
Jubilee Christian Center, San Jose, California
January 24-25, 2008
The Anointing Will Teach You all Things
1 John 2:27 “But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.” NKJV
This Scripture is not saying that we do not need pastors and teachers to teach us the Word and teach us about the things of the Spirit (as that would contradict Ephesians 4:11-12 and Matthew 4:23, and many other Scriptures).
The pattern of Jesus in which He modeled for us in Matthew 4:23 is to:
- heal the sick in Jesus’ Name
Ephesians 4:11-12 says, “And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ.”
When it says in 1 John 2:27 (and xref Luke 12:12 and John 14:26) that the Holy Spirit (or Anointing) will teach you all things, or teach you what to say, it’s referring to:
- The Holy Spirit teaching you to discern between truth and error.
- The Holy Spirit teaching you things in the Word, giving you insights or pointing out truths in the Scriptures that man did not teach you (because no teacher knows everything).
- The Holy Spirit giving you wisdom and revelation, illumination and understanding.
- The Holy Spirit guiding you in the what, how, when, and where in regards to each situation and decision in your life.
- Many receive the ability to play musical instruments, to learn a particular skill, to excel in business, to prosper financially, to invent something, to have creative ideas by the Anointing teaching them.
- Words of knowledge and words of wisdom (1 Cor 12:8). He reveals facts of the present, past and future. He shows you things to come. He gives you supernatural understanding about something that normally you would not know. He gives you strategies and ideas from Heaven.
- In certain situations where you have to speak or answer questions, He tells you what to say.
- He brings all things to your remembrance when you need it.
- He reveals to you the Father and Son.
- He warns you, prompts you, leads you and at times forbids you to do something or go somewhere
- He instructs you what to say and what not to say, and how to act and not act, around different people.
- He is your personal coach.