Benny Hinn Conference Notes
Jubilee Christian Center, San Jose, California
January 24-25, 2008
Seven Results of the Anointing
Psalms 89:20-29 (NKJV)
20 I have found My servant David; with My holy oil I have anointed him,
21 With whom My hand shall be established; also My arm shall strengthen him.
22 The enemy shall not outwit him, nor the son of wickedness afflict him.
23 I will beat down his foes before his face, and plague those who hate him.
24 But My faithfulness and My mercy shall be with him, and in My name his horn shall be exalted.
25 Also I will set his hand over the sea, and his right hand over the rivers.
26 He shall cry to Me, “You are my Father, My God, and the rock of my salvation.”
27 Also I will make him My firstborn, the highest of the kings of the earth.
28 My mercy I will keep for him forever, and My covenant shall stand firm with him.
29 His seed also I will make to endure forever, and his throne as the days of heaven.
This passage is talking about King David, but it also prophetically applies to us today because the Lord has anointed His Church with the 3-fold anointing of prophet, priest and king (Joel 2:28-29, 1 Peter 2:9).
Verse 20: “I have found My servant David; with My holy oil I have anointed him”.
The anointing oil speaks of the Anointing of the Holy Spirit in us and upon us. There are 7 primary results of the Anointing:
- Your life will be stabilized – vs 21a
- You will be strengthened – vs 21b (strengthened in your physical health and in your inner man)
- Protection. The devil cannot touch you – vs 22.
- God will fight your enemies – vs 23.
- God’s faithfulness and mercy shall never depart from your life – vs 24a.
- Your horn (authority) shall be exalted – vs 24b. Your words shall not fall to the ground. God will back up what you decree in the heavenly realm.
- God will use anointed men and women of God to influence nations – verses 25-29. In Biblical symbolism, the sea and many waters are symbolic of the masses of peoples and nations (vs 25).
The firstborn (vs 27a) symbolizes possessing certain rights and privileges because of your position in Christ, receiving the inheritance as sons of God, and knowing who you are in Christ and having confidence.
Kings represent authority, power, influence, ruling and reigning with Christ, and God’s Kingdom being spread throughout the entire earth (vs 27b). This anointing is passed down to your children, and to your descendants (vs 29).