Benny Hinn Conference Notes
Jubilee Christian Center, San Jose, California
January 24-25, 2008
How to Know When the Anointing is Coming
- “The glory of Lebanon will be given” (Isa 35:2). The atmosphere changes. The seasons begin to change. The old season starts to shift into the new season. The glory of Lebanon is the cedar trees. Benny Hinn grew up in Jaffa, Israel, close to Tel Aviv and the Lebanese border. At a certain time of the year, the wind would shift directions, and the sweet-smelling scent of the cedar trees in Lebanon would blow southward and fill the air with the pleasant aroma. That’s when they knew that the new season was soon approaching.
- “The excellency of Carmel and Sharon” (Isa 35:2). Speaks of the Word – fresh food that nourishes, refreshes and rejuvenates. Also, the harvest being gathered. Sharon was an extremely fertile plain known for its agriculture. Carmel is a mountain range and town north of the Plains of Sharon, and the meaning of Carmel is “fruit garden or orchard”.
The flowers of Sharon, and in particular, the Rose of Sharon, were beautiful. The flowers speak of new life and blossoming out. God turns our desert and wasteland situations around, and brings fruitfulness. The flowers speak of joy and singing, and God’s glorious beauty seen in our lives. Isaiah 35:1-2a says, “The wilderness and the wasteland shall be glad for them, and the desert shall rejoice and blossom as the rose; It shall blossom abundantly and rejoice, even with joy and singing.”
Isaiah 61:3 “To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that He might be glorified.”
- Restoration comes suddenly. In some cases, overnight.
22 Be not afraid … for the open pastures are becoming green. The trees are bearing their fruit; the fig tree and the vine yield their riches.
23 Be glad, O people of Zion, rejoice in the LORD your God, for he has given you the autumn rains in righteousness. He sends you abundant showers, both autumn and spring rains, as before.
24 The threshing floors will be filled with grain; the vats will overflow with new wine and oil.
25 I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten- the great locust and the young locust, the other locusts and the locust swarm- my great army that I sent among you.
26 You will have plenty to eat, until you are full, and you will praise the name of the LORD your God, who has worked wonders for you; never again will my people be shamed.
- You shall see the Glory of the Lord (Isa 35:2).
- Miracles will begin to happen. “Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped. Then the lame shall leap like a deer, and the tongue of the dumb sing” (Isa 35:5-6).
- Dragons are driven away from your life. Only a strong River of God (Anointing) can drive the dragons off your grass (your property, your life). Isaiah 35:7 “And the parched ground shall become a pool, and the thirsty land springs of water: in the habitation of dragons, where each lay, shall be grass with reeds and rushes.” Dragons symbolize demonic strongholds that are very difficult to get rid of. Homosexuality is the strongest dragon to cast off, but the River of God (Anointing) is stronger.
- Error or sin will be corrected. Isaiah 35:8 “A highway shall be there, and a road, and it shall be called the Highway of Holiness. The unclean shall not pass over it, but it shall be for others. Whoever walks the road, although a fool, shall not go astray.”